AVOIDING RECURRING AND CHRONIC BACK PAIN
By: Dr. Donna A. Pontoriero, Chiropractor
Are you experiencing these symptoms?
- low back pain
- buttock soreness
- radiating leg and thigh pain
- pain while sitting
- tightness, burning, or feeling of a knot
- gluteal pain while driving
Here are the risk factors for developing these recurring and chronic pains:
- poor fitness levels and spinal stability (core muscle strength)
- poor posture
- previous episodes of back pain
- pain for more than 8 days
So the longer you have put up with the pain the more likely you are to become a chronic and recurrent sufferer.
The general recommendation is to make sure you get the problem diagnosed properly, see a chiropractor to evaluate your core stability, seek treatment if necessary and do the right type of exercises to help your problem.
Please contact our office if you would like further evaluation on your condition.
Dr. Donna Pontoriero can be reached at 299 Franklin Ave, Nutley NJ 07110, 973-235-9393.